Restaurant of the Week - NOCA

This is another weekly column that I am starting. I will give a weekly restaurant, from somewhere around the Valley of the Sun. This is a great opportunity to get an opinion from someone living, working, and eating all over metropolitan Phoenix.

This week, I am going to start with a brand new restaurant that I have been to for the first time last week. NoCA (which I have been told stands for North on Camelback) is located at Camelback Road and 32nd Street on the Northwest Corner, by Safeway and another favorite, Delux.

I have only been there once, so unlike some of the other restaurants that I will be discussing, this one I only know a few items off of the menu. Keep in mind that I was there for dinner.

I started with Bacon and Eggs. It was way different that what I was thinking. The egg comes poached, and the bacon was not a strip like you and I imagine. It was very tasty, but took a while because apparently the chef messed it up the first time he cooked it for us.

I think had their pork chop then for dinner. It was very good, and had a side of Mac and Cheese that was to die for.

When all of the dishes came out, I was very scared that I would be hitting up a late night Wendy's or Jack in the Box run, because the portions looked tiny. I was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't eating Jack's taco's on the way home. The menu was a little bit pricey, but the food was comparable to the price. I would go back for sure.

Check them out at http://www.restaurantnoca.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment