And So It Begins

Wow. I am actually going to start posting...and not for my family to know that I am ok while living in a foreign land. This is my blog, and I hope that you can appreciate it. I think that the best way for me to start is to give a little brief summary of my life. And then I'll try to add to it, as much as I can. Giving you little TID BIT's here and there to spice up your life.

Well most of you know who I am, at this point at least. I grew up in Phoenix, Arizona, and still to this day think that it is the best place to live in the world. I tried living in London, England, and the weather got to me. I only lasted about 3 months. It was worth a try, and I can't wait to go back to visit again, but I can't live there.

Anyway, so I grew up in Phoenix, as an only child. That should explain a ton. I am a complete MAMA's boy. She is not only my mom, but one of my best friends. She knows pretty much everything about me. I have a great relationship with both of my parents. My mom still lives in town, which is awesome because we get together every week for breakfast. My Dad lives in Sacramento, CA and I get up there a few times a year to see him. It's not as much as I would like, but hey...it is what it is.

I grew up playing every sport known to man. In fact, one year of my life, I played on 7 organized sports (Hockey, Lacrosse, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, and Golf). My passion was for a majority of my life was Hockey. That was foiled when I scored my first goal in the last game of my 7th grade lacrosse season. I was addicted to the newest game in town (It was the first season of an organized youth league in the Phoenix area). I was addicted. I spent hours on my front lawn banging the lacrosse ball against the wall. It was so bad, that I wore a hole in the grass in front of my house (sorry Mom). I continued to play lacrosse all the way through high school, and then at Arizona State University.

So here we are at education. So I guess I will tell everyone about that. I started school a year early. My mom says that I had a passion to learn, and when they tried to hold me back from the first grade I pouted. So I always had to go to private schools, because the public schools wouldn't let me ahead. I went to Villa Montessori School from first till eighth grade. It wasn't perfect, but it was the best of all options that we tried. The biggest negative was that there were very small classes. When time came for me to go to high school, we had a dilemma. The school districts were cut funny, and my fam wasn't too happy with the public school that I would go to. We checked out all of the private institutions, and I applied to a few. Brophy was our favorite (the Family fell in love instantly, and that was a huge selling point). I graduated four years later. It has been something that has gotten better and better every year that I am away from it. I then decided on Arizona State. There is a long story behind this one, but I liked it. I played lacrosse, and became a Sigma Nu. Both were two of my greatest decisions ever. I met some absolutely wonderful people, and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Thats about it for now, but I am sure that I will tell stories about my life from time to time. I am done with this post. I want to get to the fun ones.


OHHHHH!!!!

I almost forgot. The name of my blog. It is in reference to a select group of individuals that happen to be Full Gentleman. This is a full gentlemanly hello to all of you.

1 comment: